Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Waiting for Winter

It's odd to think that summer has come and gone already, I enjoyed every bit of it...well, except the 21 hours of driving from Winnipeg to Kelowna.

But now winter is inevitably on it's way, and though it will (thankfully) never compare to Winnipeg's winters, I have come to a conclusion. I am going to become just like the rest of the hill-people here.

After spending my summer lounging on the beaches here, with the locals, and the hundreds of Albertan's that seem to find their way out here on a weekly basis, I have come to the conclusion that the Kelownian's summer hobbies aren't all that bad. Thus, as I said before I plan to join their ranks in the winter as well!

091014MA_8274

After honing the basics, on the finest hill Manitoba has to offer; Spring Hill, I feel that I am more than ready to show my lack of ability on a snowboard to the general public here in Kelowna and the surrounding area.

As such, I've felt compelled to buy my own board...because after using some of the stiffest, most unresponsive rental boards courtesy of Spring Hill, I feel that it might serve me well to ride something built for those of us who aren't exactly the next Shaun White. As such, I give you my new board, the Burton Clash 158, with Burton Freestyle bindings

091014MA_8295
091014MA_8291
091014MA_8278
091014MA_8275

No comments: